Saturday, May 24, 2008


Prayer Lake - John & Joy Mounger
Many years ago I would go to Red River in Concordia Parish deer hunting and I would pass by this place in Lettsworth, LA called Prayer Lake (http://www.prayerlake.org/). After asking a few questons I decided to stay at this place and got the awesome privaledge of meeting John and Joy Mounger. So many people have too found this sanctuary to turn aside and take some time to sit at the feet of Jesus.
Last year I got wind of John being pretty sick and ran into him in Shreveport as he was getting treatment. John went with us that night to 1st Assembly in Shreveport to hear me minister even as sick and in pain as he was... I was taken back as he was walking his salvation out. I am so glad we took the time to spend with John that night. Then last month I was in north India and really felt in my heart to take a day after returning to the US and go spend with this great man and woman of God. Again... I was so blessed as Jack Dyer and I met Pastor Pete Wunstel up there for some Holy Ghost prayer ministry and to change the blades on the lawnmowers. The presence of the Lord was thick in their home as I sensed God's ministering spirits there to give grace and mercy in a time of need. Oh it was so sweet...
Well my friend John went to be with the Lord Friday, May 23rd after a lengthy battle with illness. Wow it was breath taking to hear the news but in a way a joy spread over my spirit now that he has departed this life and is in the arms of Jesus.
Please keep Joy and their family lifted up over the next few days and months dealing with their loss. The funeral celebration will be at Bethany North, Tuesday @ 11AM.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE JOY AND JOHN SO MUCH!!!!