Tuesday, September 23, 2008



















Whew... Been awhile!

We have been rolling since Mexico working in Louisiana and Texas with the hurricane storms.
With a sigh of relief we are finally normalizing a little after Hurricane Gustav tore through our home state of Louisiana. Here is our story… After ministering at a local church in Louisiana on Sunday a week before the storm hit, I was kind of wound up and could not sleep. It got to be 1AM so I looked in the “net” at the satellite images of the Caribbean. Noticing a small cluster of thunderstorms below Haiti I felt this prompting from the Lord, “Go buy a generator before you go to Mexico, this is going to be hurricane and it is going to hit Houma, LA.” I questioned but got no answer as I was schedule to minister in southern Mexico with Pastor Joel Dyke. I really was hesitant to go but felt no stop sign so I boarded the plane trusting the Lord for his leading. We had a grand time ministering to pastor’s and rejoicing in the fruit of Joel and Angel’s 10 years of missions ministry in Mexico. The leaders raised up now receiving training through Joel’s network of John Maxwell’s Equip is amazing. But the whole time my heart was thinking of my family in Louisiana preparing for Gustav. The day Gustav hit as Cat 2 storm, Joel and I were traveling back to the US and I was petitioning heaven of how I was going to get to my family. The Word I got was “backdoor” while I was in the airport in Mexico City. Joel was going to fly home to Monroe and I remembered flying over a cyclone out of Tokyo one time… we were going to fly over Gustav into Monroe and get in the backdoor. I rented a Honda Pilot all wheel drive after the roller coaster ride landing and made the dark journey of 3.5 hours through the backdoor arriving at our missions base safe and sound. Ever since we have been cutting trees and helping folks come back to normalcy. We are preparing now to bring supplies to hard hit Houston, TX from hurricane Ike. Pray for us as we minister to our home folks. Got to go…

Daylight’s Burning!

No comments: