Monday, February 26, 2007







50 years of bliss...
Our family got to enjoy one of the greatest days as we celebrated with Sandy's parents their 5oth wedding anniversary. JB and Mary Ellen Gulotta got married February 28, 1957 and started their adventure of life together. All 6 of their children and families gathered together to laugh,cut the cake and walk down memory lane. Sandy's parents are from the Independence/ Loranger area... yes sir some serious Italian roots here as I chuckled watching them eat all the food. Brought back the memory when I first went to Sandy's family's home... They always have red gravy and spaghetti for Sunday lunch but that Sunday they made a plate of fried chicken (coated in Italian bread crumbs) just for me. I am so thankful the Lord brought these people into my life. I could have never have asked for better in laws and the Lord gave me the BEST in Sandy.


Ok let stay focused on the 50 years... Sandy just keeps me messed up. Well the day was pristine and perfect weather as the sunshine and cool spring like day brought such a special presence. I know the Lord smiled as 50 years of marriage is the real deal. Sandy and I have been married 23 years and it is like super amazing but can you imagine 50 years! Marriage is one of the foundational anchors in every culture of the world. Just to witness 50 years of faithfulness is so wonderful... What a great example of living life dedicated to the institution of marriage that the Lord established from the beginning. Our church has been doing a series of messages on marriage recently and has highlighted again to me how God ordained structure in our lives with marriage and family. Yes families have chaos at times but that does not change marriage. Marriage is paramount and above all... I love being married... it is awesome! Yes it is a lot of work (Sandy is no problem just challenging and I love a challenge,LOL)... 50 years of work in a marriage with all the changes of life. This my friend is an accomplishment I am striving for in the future. Take a moment and thank God for your spouse and marriage or if you are not married... thank the Lord for your future! I promise he keeps his word and will give you the marriage of your dreams. Those of us already married are living our dream... I love being married to Sandy, she makes me complete... sounds like a movie!

No comments: