Monday, October 15, 2007



Run the Race!

I got the invite from Pastor Jerry Stone to attend the Lowe's 500 in Charlotte this past weekend and what a race it was... this was my 2nd NASCAR race to attend as I have been a fan for quite a few years. I love the #24 car driven by Jeff Gordon... and I as the race keeps you sitting on edge for 4 plus hours my main man Gordon continued his championship run with an exciting sprint @ the finsih to win the race.

This made me think of the race we are in to reach heaven. Paul wrote in I Corinthians 9:24 to run the race that we may obtain the prize. He gives us some insight on the next few verses for keys to make sure we "git er done". Check this out... strive for mastery or be a professional Christian. kind of like a professional race car driver. These guys are exact in the details to be under control in the race to position themselves to win/finish the race. Wow I was so blessed as I got to go into the garage area where after long tedious hours of preparation they rolled those perfect machines out to do battle on the long road. I think you get the picture... prepare well to finish well and watch out for those wrecks and spinouts... lol!

Th race was super cool and kudos to Pastor Jerry fand Bojangels Fried Chicken for the invite allowing me to tag along! Git er done... Daylight's Burning!

No comments: