Monday, August 24, 2009

LSU Tigers...
Today is the 1st day of classes for the fall semester @ LSU. Andy is a sophomore and Mary a freshman... Wow I remember my days in college as fun yet challenging and away from home. How naive and innocent I was to the ways of the world...
Here is a taste of the note I sent them this am to let them know their parents were behind them and praying for them.





4 things keeps His hand of favor on your life...
1. Faithful - daily relationship with the Lord. Seek 1st the kingdom of God and all these things shall be added unto you.
2. Obedience - It is better to obey than to sacrifice...
3. Love - Above all the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13
4. Forgiveness - When we forgive others... God will forgive us.

I just shake my head in amazement as to the Lord's hand of grace upon Sandy and I to be parents. Jesus entrusted us to raise our four kids in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Such an honor to see God's hand on all our kids and the fear of the Lord deeply rooted into their lives.

Train up a child in the way they should go for when they are older they will not depart from it... I love the Word of God so alive and such a blessing of promise.

1 comment:

ishi said...

Amen, Bro Luke! My son just recently left for college, in Ruston. So many things going on in my mind as he drove off in that U-Haul! I trust the Lord to keep him because he also was raised in Jesus! I am very proud of him! He is smart, creative and he loves the Lord! I am excited to see how the Lord will use him as he begins his new life out on his own!