"The place where Jesus was crucified was near the city, and the sign was written in Hebrew, Latin, and Greek, so that many people could read it." John 19:20
As I was reading my daily devotion this early AM, I came across this scripture that made me smile. Jesus in his most critical hour on earth had in his plan the most simple way to communicate to as many people that could read...
Here are a few thoughts about this scripture that come to mind. I am gonna kind of random shoot here. Enjoy the meditation... Psalms 1:2
- Many times when we minister in the nations, we translate the message into 3 languages.
- What about the people that can't read? How will they hear if they don't have a preacher? Somebody has to go and "read" the gospel to them... Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God!
- We must all preach the gospel, if necessary use words... St. Francis of Assie
- Jesus suffered so that he may both in word and deed demonstrate his great love toward us. "We are always on his mind..."
- Revelation 1:3 Blessed when we read the Word and especially the book of Revelation!