Friday, June 08, 2007
















Living in the FOG...
This picture of me in Vietnam is kind of protrays what jet lag is like hello! Everything is speeding by you and you are like in slow motion. We were just walking the streets of Ho Chi Minh City enjoying the sites, smells and sounds of another culture of people that Jesus died and rose again for. HCMC was interesting and I look forward to returning to Nam in the very near future.


Now FOG living is a crazy life. When I worked shift work @ ExxonMobil Corporation; swapping back and forth from night shift to day shift, my life was in a perpetual state of change. Shifting back and forth will not allow you to get into routine because just when you get your body clock adjusted, wham your back to another cycle. Traveling around the world is just like this... jet lag. I kind of chuckle thinking about how I detested the shift work but all along God was training and preparing me and my family for this ministry. I complained so much about shift work living even though I grew up in a home with this same life style. I spoke out of my mouth for years that I lived in a FOG... little did I know when I accepted Jesus the FOG came upon me.


Then the Lord spoke to my heart one day in Sri Lanka after much travel and feeling funky and whiny about the FOG. He said the FOG was an acronym... I pondered this until it dawned on me like the dawn of a new day with the sun rising in it's glory and splendor.
Living in the FOG is simply living in the Favor Of God! Oh come on this a good rev for me again now. No matter how you feel or what you have done when we live under the sacrifice of Christ bloodshed and the power of his resurrection we have direct current to the FOG. Sweet FOG... undeserved FOG... Blessed life of living in the FOG.
So if you have been feeling mully grubbed and maybe have made some mistakes and blown it a few times this week or today, lift up your hands and by faith embrace the FOG. Don't trust your emotions, the bad report or even what your eyes see. The FOG is upon you... to bless you and keep you.

Next week again we head to Sri Lanka with the FOG. Let the FOG lead you in your life... I promise you can trust the FOG! Proverbs 3:3-5

No comments: