Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Time

It is has been a while since I posted so I figured it was time to write. The holidays are sweeping down upon us and Sandy has been busy preparing the home for Christmas. She had all the decorations up b4 Thanksgiving… all three trees! She loves Christmas and as it draws near I been getting this warm feeling of anticipation, I know it's sucky but I am getting older lol. I been doing most of the shopping online this year… I am not fighting the crowds!

I am actually physically in Colorado this AM with Andy. It has been snowing like crazy and COLD! He had knee surgery after three months of injury from playing football @ the AF Academy Prep School. His mom nursed him the 1st few days but dad had the joy of getting him out of bed and enduring the screams of pain, hello! But this AM he will prepare to travel with me to Louisiana and home for the holidays. This should be fun going thru the airport…

December the past few years has been a cool month for me personally as I take time to seek the Lord for 2008. All the books I started to read and did not finish, I take with me to the deer stand and finish. Not much deer hunting but to spend quality time with the Lord alone is super. I need it, we all need it… take some time this Christmas season to spend with the Lord. Read the story of Jesus birth and it's impact on our lives… you will be glad you did.

Remember others that Christmas is rough on… work hard to bring smiles to peoples faces. Visit someone you have not seen in a long time. Bring em something special… but mostly bring em your love and care. Speak Merry Christmas to everyone you see… in the back, grocer, etc… it is really cool thing to bring this love to people. I love Jesus for coming to this old world for me.

No comments: