Friday, March 28, 2008

















My "CUP" runneth over...

Wow I got the honor to spend a few days with Children’s Cup (CC) http://www.childrenscup.org/ , in Swaziland, Southern Africa. I really did not get the impact of how much God’s hand is upon this ministry until I was flying over praying asking God to bless them. The Lord really opened my eyes to the customized “niche” CC has been afforded the opportunity from heaven. I have been connected with the boss and his bride, Dave & Jean Ohlerking for the past few years as they have been quietly persuading me to go see CC. I had this window so I jumped and the trip was a God ordained time of ministry.
Ben & Susan Rodgers head up CC in Swaziland and just being around these guys swelled my heart with Jesus’ love for this special family. I could not get enough of the love their kids were pouring all over me as they stayed in my lap practically the whole time I visited with them in their home. Then the “Cup”… oh my goodness. Care Points in three nations ministering and feeding thousands of kid’s everyday with a staff of 20 missionaries on the ground, making it happen, Jesus style ministry. What an awesome strategy to meet the needs of the people as the HIV epidemic is on schedule to totally wipe out Swaziland’s population by 2020. Ben whispered to me as we walked through the street that one out of two people in the country was infected with HIV. I kind of stumbled simply stunned as the result of sin and the wide open door for the devil to wreck havoc broke my heart for the people in these southern African nations. So… I growled in holy anger at sin and the demon of disease and set about to pray more of God’s mercy and grace into Africa.
My first thing to do was the blessing to speak to the staff @ CC. We spent some quality time ministering to the staff and heightening their awareness and encouraging them. Wow it was so awesome to love on these missionaries in the thick of it... Special grace from heaven blessed us all in his presence! Then Ben took me to some care points to see the infrastructure and the nuts and bolts of CC work. The main giving of love is feeding the kids a nutritious meal everyday and to provide a place of refuge for kids being exploited to pedophile atrocities. We prayed at one of the most unbelievable village areas that have been known to sell their kids in pedophile activity. The spiritual atmosphere was electric with God’s power as the joy on the workers was so apparent with Jesus’ love for the people. These care points are set for pastors and local church plants as Ben & Susan just launched the 1st church plant from the need of a life giving church in Swaziland. HPC – Swaziland opened over the Easter weekend… Roll on Healing Place Church, http://www.healingplacechurch.org/ for his kingdom to come on the earth! HPC is one of our greatest partnerships and a great honor to represent in the nations.
Well I simply feel in love with Ben, Susan and their kids. I am going to bring Sandy here next time…Kudos to Jordan my main man that took me to the Game Park and Natalie from HPC – BR… you guys are awesome! I am going to incorporate some CC strategy in the “window. I will go back one day and prayerfully soon… now I am off to Nairobi. DB!

































No comments: