Friday, April 04, 2008







Ambassadors in Kenya

We are called to be an "ambassador for Christ" and I learned this revelation sometime back when Sandy and I were in England for the first time. We were returning from India and wanted to do the tourist thing and see Buckingham Palace and the "changing of the guard". So we hit the "tube" and arrived to the pure pomp and circumstance of England. This day was special in the fact it was the Queen Mother's birthday. We were with the thousands in mass to see the royal family exit the palace to celebrate in church the Queen's birthday. A lady that stood by us expressed her delight as she had been to see the "changing of the guard" without seeing the royal family many times before. But this time was special I declared that an ambassador for a great King had come to see the royal family. Sandy looked at me as she knew I had something in mind… I started sharing with this woman about Christ and his kingship. Anyway it was a funny way to talk about Jesus.



Well I was just in Nairobi, Kenya and thought about how well I was treated… like Royalty! Don and Amy Matheny have been missionaries in Kenya for 30 plus years. They pastor Nairobi Lighthouse Church (NLC) in Nairobi and what a strong vibrant church. The recent violence in Kenya had touched my heart as I knew the loss of lives and property would be much greater than reported so after South Africa the Lord instructed me to visit Pastor Don and Amy. Wow what an awesome time… we hit the ground running ministering in the ravaged Internally Displaced People (IDP's) camps as NLC was in full mode to help hurting people. I mean as soon I was there they had me eating goat again…lol! It was nonstop but in an awesome way as the Lord had sent me on a mission to minister to the people and to just hang out with Don, Amy and their family in this time of transition for the church. Pray for NLC as they have been meeting in a soccer stadium for the past 12 years and now are moving to a new venue for the 5000 member church.



The Lord is stirring Africa these days again to call on his name. Wow it was so humbling to minister to NLC and give them a word in season… God will remember Africa as she took me in! The Lord spoke to my heart about how he would move from the mouth of the Nile northward through the valleys to Egypt with salvation. Little did I know that the Great Rift Valley starts here in Kenya. Don took me up on this mountain top to see the view the day after service and I was stunned… and of course God spoke to us both on the mountain top. Don, Amy and their family are some of God's finest people and will forever hold a special place in my heart. I was treated like royalty and honored to be in their home. So now I am off to Incredible India…

No comments: