Tuesday, August 12, 2008



“May the Lord, the God of your fathers, increase you a thousand times and bless you as he has promised” (Deuteronomy 1:11 NIV).

This particular Sunday, December 26, 2004, I had made my way to my home church to minister and felt this "unction" to plant a seed. I had read this above scripture earlier and just had this incredible urge to believe for 1000 times more... not knowing what what was about to unfold. So I strolled into my pastor's office and placed this seed into his hand ($100) and asked him to pray over the offereing according to Deut. 1:11. He kind of looked at me strangely and said a simple prayer. Couple of things here to know that it is a good thing to bless those who feed your life spiritually by honoring them as this allows you to say thank you (honor and thankfulness)... that was for free!
We walked out of his office to the service and people started to walk up to me telling me of the Tsunami that had hit Sri Lanka. I had this queasy feeling of trouble but a resolve that "God had called me for such a time as this". After the service I packed my bags to head to torn Sri Lanka and the year of brokeness endured in 2005 from the Tsunami in southeast Asia and Katrina that smashed my home state of Louisiana.
The seed was blessed as we were able in two months to sow $100,000US into Tsunami relief efforts in Sri Lanka. Still today the ministry fruit is going forth with lives changed in Sri Lanka by the simple act of sowing a seed in faith. Giving releases God's economy to flow through your life to bless others. I promise great joy comes from seed as it brings an abundant Harvest.

No comments: