Thursday, May 10, 2007


Stressin... Missions 21st century
I have been having a few sleepless nights thinking about the war increase in Sri Lanka. The bombing of the airport with a small airplane has closed the international airport @ night. We have a big team going into the country in June. Sandy, Mary, my sister Tish, David Leto & his wife Missy, Mike McCain with his drama, Terry Landry and Johnny Purpera and myself are set... then the reports of more bombings. Well if we had to leave tomorrow I guess we would again trust our lives into the hands of Jesus and GO. Missions has always been hazardous and a complete trust in the Lord. Old school missionaries went by ship or in caravan across many miles. Things have changed but the challenge of getting the gospel is still very risky business. Paul even knew that trouble awaited him yet he was determined in his heart to use his life for the furtherance of the gospel. I am willing yet I stress when I think of my wife and kids, my friends and their courage to go to the nations.
This picture was taken as we water baptized people in the war zone of SL 2 years ago... We can not get into that area now but took the chance then to GO. Jesus give us more faith and lessen the fear!
Pray for us as we prepare...

No comments: