Thursday, July 03, 2008

14. Do I insist upon doing something for which my conscience is uneasy?

Again God is moving on my heart… The condition of our heart is what Jesus dealt with the most when he was training his disciples and dealing people in general. The young rich ruler was confronted with a heart issue and where his "treasure" was invested (Luke 18:18-23). When Jesus told him to sell all that he had and give to the poor and come follow me, it struck a heart issue with this young man. Jesus pricked this young man's conscience and the Bible says he went away sad.

Now we all have this tendency to be self preservationist in our approach to life. This tends to lead to a life without Faith… and without Faith it impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6). The blessing is "God is bigger than our heart and he knows everything" (I John 2:20) and loves us so much to forgive us when we do things that are shady to our conscience. But a continual neglect to allow God to prick our conscience leads us to a hard heart. The Holy Spirit gently deals with us to live life guilt free and worthy of he who call us but he will not demand his right. He gives us a choice to decide and this will determine our quality of life.

Lord help me to live guilt free and to make wise decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lord make me willing....