Thursday, July 10, 2008

16. How do I spend my spare time?
Waste not want not is the old cliche… God does not like slothfulness period! I sign off my emails and letters with "Daylight's Burning". The reason is my dad would come wake me up for daily chores before daylight when I was a teenager. Back in those days I was like what is the deal… it is still dark outside. Little did I know how the Lord was using this great man to train me in the simplest of ways to have a good work ethic and to make full use of the time given to me from the Lord. He understood that the simplest of choices I made with my time would affect the quality of my life and eventually my destiny.

Time is the only thing on this earth that is an eternal investment. We can spend it away or make full usage to maximize its potential. I am convinced that even "spare time" can be quality moments of God's blessing upon our lives. The Lord has given us the choice to steward what we do with this precious gift called time. May we use it wisely!

Lord I pray for wisdom to use this gift of my "spare" time…


r

No comments: