Saturday, July 26, 2008

20. Do I grumble or complain constantly?

There seems to be always something to complain about… is there ever enough or why does something have to break or tear up? Life will always give you challenges and something to work on. This is why I am thankful to be married to Sandy… she seems to always be positive and full of hope. In our early days of marriage I recollect her believing in me and to a point I understand her devotion but all that changed the 2nd week of our marriage. Funny… she has learned to put her trust in the Lord no matter where we are living or status in life. I literally marvel at her faith and she exemplifies this with patience and a deep confidence that prevents her from being negative. She is one of the most positive and happy people I know on this earth. I am truly blessed!

One thing I have learned by serving God is that HE is our sufficient one! The things of this world will never satisfy us. When this is all we seek after and worry about, the fruit of our lips is murmuring and complaining. I have found the more time I give to worship, reading the Word and prayer brings a satisfaction that eliminates lack in my life. To have the peace of God in my heart in what so ever state I am in is paramount. At times I have failed miserably at contentment… The more I seek him I have learned that I will have more than enough. The problem is a divided heart or maybe a mixture of heart brings bitterness of soul. So many subtle ways for this division or mixture can get us so negative and our heart become negative. When we seek after the things that are temporary we begin down this road of murmuring and complaining. May we go to Jesus who is rich and mercy to give us grace to keep our heart pure and single…

I need more of you Lord Jesus to be Lord of my heart.

No comments: