Tuesday, July 22, 2008

19. Is there anybody whom I fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward or disregard? If so, what am I doing about it?

Relationships… Jesus is the best example on how to handle difficult relationships with so many different types of people. He had 12 disciples that he hung out with for his time of ministry on this earth. There was conflicts abound with these guys as you see where they about who would be ranked above each other. Jesus knew it too and addressed them that to overcome these problems of conflict they had to serve one another.

I will be honest and tell the truth that I just don't like everybody I come across. I detest people that brag on themselves and all that they have accomplished… I find myself being quiet around these people as I can't measure up. What surprises me are the ugly vindictive "something is going to happen to you thoughts" that hit my mind as I smile that hypocritical way. Oh don't tell me you think this way too… oh the need of the cross. The need for God's love to be shed abroad in our heart!

But why does it seem that those closest to us we hurt? We get so familiar to our family and friends that we forget the little things we can do to show our love. This question is a do something about the situation challenge. The first thing we can do is ask the Lord to forgive us and heal us of our offenses. Then we can ask forgiveness of others… Since I started writing these 21 questions I have made some mistakes but interesting enough I have found the strength and resolve to go and ask forgiveness whether I was right or wrong. My relationships with people are high on the Lord's list for us to keep straight.

Lord my prayer today is for you to change my heart from being hard and vindictive to a heart of Love!

1 comment:

Michelle Pierce said...

Ouch... this one really struck a cord this morning... got a few situations and people that I need to deal with in love today. Thanks for your encouragement!