Wednesday, June 18, 2008

21 Days Question #7

7. Do I give the Bible, God's Word, time to speak to me each day?

Psalms 91:1 I love how the Amplified version put this verse… "HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

Wow that daily time with God… the discipline of seeking him alone in the closet. (Matt 6:6) Time is the only eternal thing we have to give here on earth… Giving God our time is a love relationship. I can relate this to my bride, Sandy. If I don't hear her voice and just sit and talk with her every day, I feel like something is missing from my life. Spending time with God will change your day because we learn to hear his voice when he is speaking to us. Starting the day with the Lord is the best thing I do personally every day. I am an early morning person… my creative juices are rolling by daylight. So to give this to the Lord is so sweet to me. Don't get me wrong I too understand the night watch of waiting on God but there is a reason God made daytime Iight and nighttime dark… the daylight sure makes it easier to see, hello!

God begins to speak and encourage me through his Word as I just sit and listen. Yesterday I got such a peace over some decisions about opening my heart up to some people… then when the heat of the day came and my peace was trying to be robbed, again God spoke to me from a friend who called I normally don't get to talk much too. I know it started in my quiet time with the Lord…

Today is a new day and I can't live off yesterday's Word… the children of Israel were required to get fresh manna every morning to sustain them for that day except for the Sabbath day in which they got to get a double portion. Maybe I need to blog about this principle too… Sabbath day resting. What you think?

Ok, I am going get my coffee and take my place at his feet with my Bible. It is a choice… Enjoy!

No comments: