Thursday, June 12, 2008

21 Days to a Better you #4

#4 Am I a slave to dress, friends, work or habits?

4 parts to this question… and all point to bondage. My 1st take is that we look @ what is on the outside but God looks @ what is on the inside and this makes me know that this is a heart issue again. Who I am trying to please and what is the result of my actions? Everything I think or do is a choice… good, bad or indifferent it is a choice to live for God or to live under the bondage of sin.

Then I start to consider what makes us slaves. Could it be ignorance or just plain bad thinking? What about our attitude? The Word says in II Corinthians 10:3-5 that the battle is in the mind and this can be won only through the blood of Jesus Christ. Take control over our thought life Lord that we might be free in every area of our lives…

I love too what Paul writes in Romans 7… dig into these scriptures and give me some thought on this dilemma.

Jesus came to set the captive free… Free me Lord!

No comments: